Thomas Moy established a wagon works in Peterborough sometime before 1890, to build and repair railway wagons for his own coal business and to hire them out for other uses. Moy's wagons would have been seen all over the eastern side of England as far north as Yorkshire, from where the company obtained some of its coal. The business became a limited company in 1891. The railway works changed ownership in 1926, and again in 1931, but continued to operate under the name of Moy's Wagon Co. Ltd. until the mid-1960s.
Thomas Moy was a prolific user of commercial overprints right up to the end of the 1960s.
by Mark Matlach