Walton-le-Dale is an ancient village in Lancashire. It is home to the church of St Leonard, originally erected in the 11th century, but the community's history goes back to at least Roman times.
According to legend, in 1560 Dr. John Dee summoned a spirit in the churchyard of St. Leonard's and learned the whereabouts of the dead man's wealth and received prophecies the fate of many of the townspeople. Apparently this was not an outrageous assertion in those times.
As for Walton-le-Dale, the local government of this community of 11,000 or so used commercial overprints on at least SG 573 and 727.